The University of Worcester is a thriving university for the 21st Century, with one of the best records in the country of sustained graduate employment 而且 a reputation for quality, equality 而且 compassion.
The University was awarded the largest allocation of additional health-related student places in the UK in 2020, putting it in a strong position to add to its substantial 而且 proven experience over the past two decades in training high-quality, effective 而且 compassionate health professionals in nursing, 助产术, 物理治疗, 职业治疗和辅助医疗.
A third of the University’s students are currently studying courses allied to health. 今年, it celebrates 25 years of delivering nursing 而且 助产术 education 而且 is now considered to be one of the best training centres in the country for these professions.
In 2014, Worcester became the first university in the UK to introduce a postgraduate MSc Physician Associate (PA) course: a two-year intensive clinical programme to train clinical practitioners in the medical model to work alongside doctors, meeting the needs of a rapidly changing healthcare environment.
The first cohort of PA students graduated in 2016 with a 100 per cent employment rate. This innovative programme provided local Trusts with a much needed resource, successfully reducing pressure on services 而且 improving patient flow, while creating opportunities for a more diverse body of students.
“我认为申博官网在这方面有机会, 现在的申博开户, 在卫生专业教育方面具有较大优势, to do something a little different with our medical school: very much more integrated with the NHS 而且 the people who currently work in the NHS.”
Professor John Cookson
Professor of Medical Education 而且 Development Dean of the Three Counties Medical School
A reputation for quality
- The University has been ranked in the top 5 in the UK for Quality Education in all years of the Times Higher Education’s University 影响 Rankings.
- Three times finalist for University of the Year in the Times Higher Education annual awards, 包括2020年.
- Finalist for University of the Year in the 2019 而且 2020 UK Social Mobility Awards.
- 入围6次, 包括2020年, as Nurse Education Provider of the Year in the Student Nursing Times Awards.
- Winner of the Guardian University Award for Internationalisation in 2019, 而且 shortlisted for the Widening Access 而且 Outreach Awards in 2019 而且 2020.
- Ranked among the top 20 universities in the UK for Student Experience in the Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022 (published in September 2021).
- Named 可持续性 Institution of the Year in the Green Gown Awards 2019.
Worcester is the number one English higher education institute (excluding specialist institutions) for sustained employment, with or without further study, 毕业后三到五年(LEO 2022). Ranked among the top 10 universities in the country which best reflect society in a 2018 report from the Higher Education Policy Institute. Winner of the Outst而且ing Contribution to the Local Community award (2019), “平等杰出贡献奖”获得者, 多样性和包容性奖(2020年), 而且 shortlisted for Widening Participation or Outreach Initiative of the Year (2020) in the Times Higher Education Awards.